Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

I'm still here and I'm still running! The only thing is, I'm not running as much as I should be. What gives? I'll tell you what gives- I have been TIRED. So tired that I want to go to bed at 7:00 PM and, even if I sleep ten hours, I'm still tired. So tired that my body wants NOTHING to do with running, or walking, or moving. Hmmm- this is no good.

I'm tired. And I'm worried about it. So, what does any intelligent person do? Google my symptoms, that's what! So, let's see, not only am I tired, but I'm perpetually cold and frequently dizzy. Boom- WebMd tells me I might be anemic and I should add iron to my diet. Sounds like a plan to me!

I got some iron supplements and took started taking them yesterday. Certainly, it's got to be too early to make any difference but, I swear, today has been one of my best days. I woke up and got out of bed with no problem and I was alert at work. I finished up my work day and was actually EXCITED to get a run in today. And, what do you know, my run was great! Again, it's probably just a placebo effect but I hope I keep feeling this energized. I can't slump again like I have if i want to complete my 1000 miles this year.

Speaking of running 1000 miles, I took my lunch hour to create a very detailed plan for the rest of the year that has me running my last miles on December 31, 2011. It's very realistic and I'm excited that I added some structure to this enormous goal.

So, I'm crossing my fingers and my toes that I can keep my energy up and am able to reach my goal. I'm also reminding myself to stay flexible because, you know what they say about the best laid plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment