Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project X- Reloaded

Hello from rainy San Francisco...ugh. You probably think that they rained has washed away all momentum that I was gaining doing Project X. Well, you'd be right IF I didn't jump back on the horse this week and start kicking a$$ in the gym again.

So- why have I been on Project X hiatus? First, I was out of town for a week in Boston and, in all seriousness, I did work out while I was there. I ran and lifted weights, as well as did a few workouts on the eliptical trainer. Then, my friend D hurt herself and was out of commission for a few days. It's not that I can't work out by myself but it is helpful to have a buddy to hold you accountable. So, during that time, again, I worked out on my own a few times- but not at the intensity that I was reaching with Project X. Finally, my hubby and I visited my parents for a long weekend over Easter. While I was there, I made the mistake of weighing myself on their scale. Let's just say that I hope that their scale is highly inaccurate or else I'm in deep trouble.

So- I'm back on the horse. Earlier this week, I completed the Jillian Michael's Last Chance Workout DVD and it lit a fire under me. Then, on Friday, I talked to my friend S who asked if I would write her a workout for her arms. We agreed to meet on Sunday morning and I'd take her through it. D has also recovered from her injury so she came too.

First, though, I had to pace with my marathon training group on Saturday. This week we tackled nine miles. Ugh- my longest run this season has been seven miles- so it wasn't that big of a jump, but still- nine miles is a long way. To make things even more interesting, all of the runners that I pace have been trained so well that they have moved to faster pace groups, leaving me with no one to pace! So, I decided to just run with a faster group as well. In all, it was a pretty challenging run with some steep hills but the trainees did great- or else they are all really good actors.

So, today, I hit the gym a little early and completed a quick 20 minute workout on the eliptical trainer. Then S and D showed up and we got to work. This is what we did (be warned, it was intense):

Push-ups (2 sets of 15)
Staggered arm push-ups (1 set of 30)
Up and Down planks (completed as many as possible)
Dumbbell chest press on an exercise ball (2 sets of 15)
Bicep curls (1 set of 15 and 1 set of "7's")
Tricep dips (2 sets of 15)
Tricep press down (2 sets of 15)
W shoulder press with a leg extension (2 sets of 15)
Single leg front raise (2 sets of 15)
Side raise (2 sets of 15)
Stork stance chest fly (2 sets of 15)

...I think that's it- although it felt like we did about a million exercises- I'm so tired!

So- that's the update. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to run but it's going to rain. I guess that means I'll be on the treadmill. Tuesday, I will try to hit a spin class and Wednesday, I'll lift again with S and D. Barring any disasters, I'm really going to stick to this...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment