Sunday, February 21, 2010

Project X- Day One (AKA Project Freak!!!)

As promised, today was the kick-off of my project(s). My friend, D, asked me to help her develop a work out program. Since I'm hoping to get my personal trainer certification soon (despite the one stupid, difficult test that's in my way), I told her I would. So- we've named that adventure, Project X- because I wasn't feeling that creative and, again, I'm hooked on all things Shaun White.

My selfish motive for helping her, though, is to get myself back into the gym. I ran 5 miles this Saturday, and while it was not difficult, it also wasn't as EASY as it should be. I feel like I've been slacking and just want to hit the weights and cardio hard. Therefore, in honor of yesterday's post, I've named my personal project Project Freak.

To keep myself accountable on both projects, I've decided I'll post about our workouts, my feelings, progress, and any funny incidents that are by-products of the project(s)- as I'm sure there will be. I can't seem to do anything without it turning into a circus!!

So- today was Day One. I headed to the gym earlier than I was to meet D because I wanted to get a quick run in. I hit the treadmill for a pathetic two miles- it was pretty slow-going- I did run yesterday, though. Then, when D arrived, she warmed up on the treadmill on an incline. Then, we proceeded to the weight room. Here was our workout (we did 2 sets of 15 reps of most of these exercises):

Push-ups
Walking lunges
Chest fly
Low rows
Leg press (2 sets 30- 10 reps in each of three different positions)
Hamstring curls
Incline chest press
Clean and press
shoulder raises
Bicep curls
Tricep push-down
Lower back extension
Plank pose
Crunches
Oblique crunches

Phew!! Tomorrow, we're taking a rest day and then Tuesday and Thursday, we'll hit a spin class. On Wednesday, I plan to lead D through another strength training workout. I also have to throw some runs into all of this for myself!!

Oh- and don't think that any of this scares me- it makes me crazy with excitement- it's the freak in me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment