Sunday, February 28, 2010

Project X- Days 5,6,7, and 8

So- call me a liar...I haven't posted about Project X in a few days. My bad!

Thursday- D and I hit another spin class this morning. The tension on my bike was a little wonky- a tiny turn in the tension knob would make me feel like I was riding up Mount Everest!! Seriously- I had to pay such close attention to my bike it kind of took the fun out of the class. Oh well.

Friday- Day off! Today was a scheduled day off for both D and I. We deserved it!

Saturday- Yikes...I'm a slacker. I was supposed to go running today with my marathon training group BUT when I woke up, it was raining. I'm not about to get wet, cold, and potentially sick, so I didn't go. Oops. D, on the other hand, went to her hula class. Good for her!

Sunday- I wanted to sweat today- like, a lot. I went to the gym early and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes on the "hills" program. Yikes! Then I still had some time to burn before D showed up so, I did the treadmill, increasing the incline and speed every minute until I reached incline 11 and speed 4.0. After 15 minutes, I jumped off and then D arrived. Here was the workout I put us through (again, we did 2 sets of everything)

1. Push-Ups (15 reps) (I DID MOST OF THESE ON MY TOES!)
2. Squats with a body ball, against the wall (15 reps)
3. Sumo Squats- (15 reps- one set with a medicine ball shoulder press and one set with a calf raise)
4. Dumbbell press on a body ball (15 reps)
5. Dumbbells fly with a crunch on a body ball (15 reps)
6. W shoulder press with leg extension (15 reps)
7. Tricep dips on a bench (20 reps)
8. Tricep press down with a rope (15 reps)
9. Side plank (30 seconds each side)
10. Plank (30 seconds)
11. Crunches with punches (20 reps)
12. Ankle taps (15 reps)

Phew- just writing it down makes me tired...again...

So, I'm hoping this week will look a lot like last week, only with a few more runs thrown in on my part. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment