Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pain in the...

If you are a Facebook friend or a Twitter follower (@Princesks) of mine, you are probably aware that I'm working hard on completing my goal of running 1000 miles in 2011. In fact, as of last night, I've run 324.88 and, therefore, have 675.12 left to run.

Now, if you are doing the math, you'll see that at the end of this month, I'll be halfway done with the year..and probably NOT halfway done with my goal. So, what's the hold up?

I'll tell you what the hold up is! My...umm..rear end! I have a literal pain in my behind. Now, don't get all weirded out on me- it's a muscle or a nerve issue the impacts my lower back, all the way down to my hamstrings.

I've had injuries before- a lot of them. I've had a neuroma, plantar faciatis, sesamoiditis, tendonitis...blah blah blah- and all of them were fixable! I got orthotics, I rested, I stretched- done. But this- this is driving me crazy because it just sticks around.

I've started seeing a massage therapist and I've learned some stretches that seem to be helping. And while I slowly seem to be getting over this...er..issue, the fact still remains that this pain in my...is becoming a real pain in my...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment