Striking The Balance Between High Heels and Running Shoes
Thursday, January 3, 2008
I LOVE Work So Much...
...that I've made a list of my favorite websites that I like to visit. Certainly, I'd never surf the web at work ;o). Here are my favorites!!
1. www.yelp.com- Hubby would go so far as to say that I'm ADDICTED to yelp. I may, in fact, be addicted. I love to check out this site and see what other normal (and some not so normal) folks in the city of SF are saying about restaurants, clubs, shops, etc. I've found so many new places to check out thanks to yelp- you should try it, you might like it!
2. www.pinkisthenewblog.com- Trent is a celebrity blogging genious. In the decade of Perez Hilton, I find Trent much less annoying and far more clever. Bulk up on celebrity gossip each and every day with pinkisthenewblog!
3. www.makeupalley.com- I spend HOURS, literally, on this site. You can check out product reviews on any makeup product, perfume, bath and body product, and home fragrance product that exists. Not sure if you should get that new miracle skin cream? Look it up on makeupalley first- see if some other sucker wasted their money and then you don't have to!
4. www.dailycandy.com- I actually get a daily email from Daily Candy but there's also a pretty sweet site you can visit as well. Daily Candy updates you on events in your area as well as new boutiques, salons, restaurants, bakeries, candy shops, etc opening in your neighborhood. You can look at posts from your city or from across the country.
5. www.weightwatchers.com- Anyone who's ever tried a "diet" and failed should go straight to this website and never look back!!! Based on a system of couting points for food consumed and earning extra points for exercise, Weight Watchers is the best weight loss program I have ever tried. Trust me, I have tried many! This website will get you started and also serves as a great tool if you do join the program. You can look up virtually any food and find out what points value it has. You can also use the site to track your daily points. There's also a message board feature and inspirational stories from members who are reaching their goals. If your resolutions unclude "lose weight", you NEED this site.
6. www.gmap-pedometer.com- I participate in half-marathons and have to complete some LONG distances while I'm training. I use Gmaps Pedometer to create routes of various distances. You simply enter your starting address and a satalite image appears on the screen. You can then create your route and even save it as a bookmark. Anyone who runs, walks, or bikes would lurve this site!
7. www.delivery.com- Somewhat contradictory for a Weight Watchers member, delivery.com allows you to order various types of take out without ever speaking to an actual person. Hubby and I order chinese and an occasional pizza from the numerous restaraunts listed on this site. It even lets you create an account and store a credit card number so you can just sign in, order, and wait for your food to come to you. Now, if only we could figure out a way to avoid having to get off of the couch when the deliveryman arrives...
8. www.sephora.com- Sephora is actually my homepage, which makes most, if not all, of the people who see my computer die laughing. I used to have a pretty severe cosmetics addiction- which has given way to new bath and body product and internet addictions. Nonetheless, Sephora is the ultimate makeup retailer and I still get a kick out of perusing it from time to time.
9. www.hotmail.com- Who doesn't have a hotmail address these days? This is extremely cliche to list hotmail as a favorite website but, in all honesty, it is one of my faves. I get several e-newsletters each day (Daily Candy, The Biggest Loser, Real Simple, Jillian Michaels, etc) so checking my email is like Christmas- but without the alcohol fueled family akwardness.
10. www.meetup.com/www.craigslist.com- I like to check out both of these websites in order to try and meet new people. Meetup is a great site for joining special interest groups and I currently belong to about ten different groups that hold events once a month or so. While I've only been to a handful of events, you still feel super popular just to get so many invitations for social gatherings. Craiglist is a cool site for buying and selling items but you can also post ads for friends or activity partners. Another priceless part of craiglist is the "best of craigslist" section. Here the most absurb and hysterical posts are higlighted. Check it out but be warned, you might snort coffee through your nose.
So, there they are- the ten reasons why "Be More Productive" can NEVER be one of my New Year's Resolutions. Enjoy!