Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Things I LURVE

In the spirit of my obession with "To Do" lists, I thought it might be fun to make a list of things I cannot live without. This could be fun- more fun than waking up with you head stapeled to the carpet, at least! :)


I love:
1. Office supplies. Yes, it's true, I have an obsession with buying office supplies. I love to look at calendars and planners, markers and binder clips. OOH BINDER CLIPS! Those are my favorites- keeping everything clipped together so nicely. I generally buy a whole bunch of cool office supplies and throw them in a drawer where they sit, unused and depressed. I'm sorry office supplies.

2. Lip gloss. Hubby can attest to this- I have approximately a billion lip glosses, most of the "pinkish-brownish-nude-ish" persuasion. My lips are very thin and have very little natural pigment so I'm always on the lookout for the perfect color and consistency. The hunt continues- sorry hubby.

3. Vanilla/any food scented body products. My BFF/ex-roommate thinks it's ludicrous to want to smell like food. I think it's charming. So, I buy any and all "angelfood cake/cotton candy/ cherry soda/ baked potato (just kidding)" scented lotion/body wash/body scrub. I figure that if I slather it on my skin, I'll be less likely to want to eat the "angelfood cake/cotton candy/ cherry soda/ baked potato" in real life! This brings me to...

4. Body scrubs. I am obsessed with soft skin and what better way to get soft skin then to scrub to crap out of it with sugar/salt/sand/pumice/jojoba/wood chips (gotcha again!). I use body scrub every day and no one can ever convince me that this is a bad idea. So there.

5. Shoes- especially pointy toe high heels. Damn the man who brought back the flat. While comfortable and practical, the flat makes everyone look like they have cankles. Really, take a look the next time you sport some flats. Not that this had dissuaded me from jumping on the flat bandwagon- I've purchased one or two or fifteen pairs. I live in San Francisco! You have to have something comfortable to march up and down the hills in. Anyway, my original point is that pointy toe high heals are SUPER SEXY. So sexy, in fact that they should design a superhero whose super power is sex appeal and who runs around is the highest, pointiest, awesomest heels. Yes!

6. My new cell phone. Hubby and fam got me a Palm Centro for Christmas. First, it's sparkly black. Who doesn't appreciate a sparkly phone??? Second, it has an application for blogging built into it. Pure genious. Third, I can email, get on the internet, and keep my appointments on it and it fits in all of my purses. Swoon!

7. Diet Coke. Ok, this is a no brainer for anyone who knows me. My worst habit, healthwise, is that I love Diet Coke. I used to down several trillion gallions a day until I realised that it was very unhelpful in my weight loss pursuit. I still drink it but limit myself to one, MAXIMUM TWO, per day. Once, at Dairy Queen, I chose to have a Diet Coke as my desert. Weird, huh?

8. Books. You thought I was just a high heel wearing, lip gloss loving, body scrubbing air head, right? WRONG! I am a book worm. I will read just about anything and usually have three or more books going at the same time. In fact, over the weekend, I read one and one half books. One of my favorite activities is sitting in the bathtub with a book and a Diet Coke. Go figure.

9. The Colorado Rockies baseball team. In 1992, I was in ninth grade and a huge nerd (see above- the bookworm nerd thing runs deep). What was cool about me, though, was that my mom was obsessed with baseball and decided to buy season tickets to the expansion Colorado Rockies inagural season. That meant that virtually every night during every summer of high school, I was off to the ballpark with my parents. I never had to worry about not having dates with boys because I had dates with MEN- the men in pinstripes, that is. This year, the Rox went to the World Series and my deep love for this team was renewed. It was just like high school- except the team was actually good and I get dates now- with my hubby, but dates nonetheless.

10. Las Vegas. When I turned 25, I had blond hair, a fake tan, and spent my birthday in Vegas with my mom. I know- "with your mom??" Seriously- my mom knows how to get down. Anyway, the best thing about Las Vegas is that NO ONE CARES about what you look like, how much money you have, where you are from, or how many degrees you have. You can rock your fanny pack, and sandals with socks and you will still have a blast in Vegas. You are expected to eat too much at the buffet and make a fool of yourself on the dance floor in the club where the band plays Stevie Wonder and Billy Ocean covers. Some mght think Vegas is tacky (it is) but I can't help it- this nerdy, office supply addict will gladly pack up her lip gloss and new cell phone and hop a plane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment