Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ik in 2K10- Might as well have been on the sun

This week, it was really tough for me to get out and run. I felt tired, run down, and overall I just wasn't having it. At the same time, I am determined to meet my 1000 mile goal so I made myself get out there and run. Here's a recap.

Monday:
I had an extremely busy weekend last week as I had to go in to work. On Monday, I had a rush of motivation so I convinced hubby to come out an run with me. We tackled a very speedy 4 miles.

Tuesday:
Hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this week so we made plans to go out of town on Tuesday and Wednesday. Before we left, I got up early and turned out another 3 miles.

Friday:
Since I was gone on Wednesday and needed a vacation from my vacation on Thursday, I HAD to run 3 miles on Friday if I planned to hit my weekly mileage goal. By far, this was one of the WORST runs I've ever completed. I literally hit the 3 mile mark several blocks away from my house and decided that enough was enough and walked the rest of the way. It was absolutely awful in so many ways.

Saturday:
The marathon training group did not have an official run this week because of the holiday but one of the coaches put together a run anyway. A lot of people ended up coming out so it may as well have been a team run! Our training plan called for 18 miles but it was so hot outside that some people in my group peeled off early and did fewer miles. My group kept trudging on, although most of us were in pain and extremely tired. We finally got back to our starting point and my Garmin indicated that we'd completed 17.68 miles. I'll take it.

So, for the week, my mileage total is:
27.79 miles! I'm still meeting my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment